cienneolaes

The End of the Story
Lydia Davis
The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead
Max Brooks
Fodor's Australia 2008 (Fodor's Gold Guides)
Adam Taplin, Mark Sullivan, Margaret Kelly
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1)
George R.R. Martin
The Daily Drucker: 366 Days of Insight and Motivation for Getting the Right Things Done
Peter F. Drucker
Good News Bible: Today's English Version
Anonymous
The Passage
Justin Cronin
Queen of Babble Gets Hitched
Meg Cabot

Vince's Life The Next Chapter: Getting Over Andrea

Vince's Life The Next Chapter: Getting Over Andrea - Vince O. Teves Vince did it again!

It was some years ago already (4 years I think) since I last read the first book but the characters remained intact as if I personally knew them from yesterday. I hate it when Andrea left, and just like Vince I always believed that she is the one too. So when they broke up I was also as heartbroken as Vince was.

In the next chapter, I wanted to be Cat. She is timid yet the impact of her simple ways was immense enough to win Vince over Andrea. Perhaps, any girl would want to be in her place. Vince can be any girl’s dream. He is someone who values the time spent talking and listening and never gets tired of it -- someone you definitely would want to grow old with. He is sweet and seemed so real in his words.

This book deserves five stars for the following reasons:
1. For the laugh out loud moments it gave me: Credits to Bamboo, Ramon and Camille.
2. For making me cry as I read through the unsent “hate” email to Andrea.
3. For again, making me cry when Vince finally decided to calculate the time left for him to turn around and go back to Manila for Cat.
4. For making me cringe my nose with so much “kilig”, when Cat waited for him at the airport.
5. For the realization, that though fireworks may be an exciting surprise when it’s gone it’s all vast emptiness and sadness. Then again, fireworks may be gone for a while but “magic” can be recurring and one day someone will make you believe that really once again “magic exists” and it can be a beautiful memory that will stay.